Lock & Key

FINALLY!
Here it is kids.  The project I've been working so hard on.  I was shopping a few weeks ago and ended up in the jewelry department going back and forth trying to pick out a new necklace.  I was staring at them and thinking, "I could so make this..."  And it hit me.  Why don't I?  So I went immediately to Hobby Lobby and picked up some pendents and chain and ribbon and probably a lot more than necessary.  The first attempt was less than stellar.  So I scrapped them all and let it sit for a little bit.  About a week later, I picked it back up again and just went to town.  And I haven't stopped since.
  It's taking up a ton of my time, but I'm absolutely in love!  It's been forever since I've really had something to call my own and something that I'm super passionate about.  It's been amazing to feel so pumped about something (other than fashion, of course.)  I really hope you like it.  And please please please, honest feedback is required. :)

Necklaces
 
Bracelet


Necklace & Earring Set

 
Oh and I forgot!  I made my bff KT one too!  She showcased it on her Chictopia blog last week.


Please be honest guys.  If they are lame, tell me.  Hope you all like!

9 things to say:

Sabrina said...

OMG these are AMAZING. I am in love, totally love, absolutely crushed out on the one you made your BFF.

Laura Lynn said...

They look great!!! I love them! ;] You have a talent at this, seriously.. don't stop!

xoxo

Jen said...

awesome! you should take a jewelry making class.. i took one at kendall and it was so much fun. you get to solder, make rings, do bezel settings... do it! you'd be so amazing at it.

alya said...

Wow...here I was thinking you'd made just a few things, but you really went to town! I think they're super cute, definitely on par with something you could find in the trendy stores.

Have you thought about opening an Etsy shop? I'd certainly be interested in supporting a fellow blogger, especially if it involves more cute elephants. :)

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

Kaleigh - these are AMAZING! You should seriously start an Etsy shop!! That'd be so so awesome for you!

Ms. Falcon said...

well done! great job! talented girl!

but - some pieces you used look like 'bought in a hobby-shop'. I know, there aren't much flea markets around your hometown... if you have the chance to go to one buy as much old/funny/scary jewelery and stuff as you can, and rework those things. in addition you will pay less money as in a hobby store.

go on! i can't wait to see more!

xoxo
www.wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

Kaytee_Anne said...

:] You really do need to take a jewelry/metalsmith class if you ever have the chance! You'd lovelovelove it!

Ms. Falcon said...

hey girl, is everything fine with you?! no new post, no sign of life...
hope you're allright.

: )
wardrobexperience

Katie, thisloveblog.com said...

omigosh! you maaade those?! i love them!

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Kaleigh. I'm 23 years old, living in my small hometown in West Michigan. I'm newly married to the coolest kid in the world. I wanna hit him in the head with a frying pan most of the time, but it's with love that I say that. I love fashion and food. Is that weird? O well. :)