"Don't You - Forget about Me..."

Don't- Don't- Don't- Don't!
I love the 80's.  Like LOVE LOVE LOVE.  Love them so much that I wish I was born about 10 years earlier so I could have really experience them.  Not that I didn't love the 90's.  Wind Suits and JNCO jeans man... :)  But the 80's are true love for me.  I love the music (yes, I love it.  ALL of it.)  I really love the fashion.  Other than the crazy shoulder pads, everything else just gets me.  And of course the "Brat Pack" movies.  John Hughes was a genious. For real.  One of the movie channels at my mom's had like a 80's brat pack movie marathon going on this past weekend.  I watched "Pretty in Pink", "Weird Science," "St. Elmo's Fire," and of course "The Breakfast Club."  It is my all time favorite.  I can watch that movie over and over again and not get sick of it.  Judd Nelson is so ridiculously hot in that movie. It gets me every time. 
So apparently I was channeling Madonna and Molly Ringwald when I got ready to go meet up with some friends from out of town.

(Dress - Vintage 80's / Tights Target / Boots - Unlimted via Mom's Closet / Pearls via Mom's Jewelry Box)


These boots are beyond cool.  I absolutely love them.  I found them at the back of her boot closet and was like "OMG.  Mom?  Really?"  I was so proud.  I of course had to wear them out.  And they fit perfectly with my whole 80's theme. :)


So I will be showcasing my top secret project this Sunday.  I don't know if anyone else cares, but I AM super pumped.  I've been working hard on it all week.  I really hope everyone likes it.  And I want honest feedback.  If all goes well, I will be having my very first give away next week!  I'm kind of excited about it.  Hell, regardless of the response, I will for sure do a give away next week.  I will be out of town this weekend visiting my fav in Kalamazoo.  We are going to see "The Runnaways" and have a fantastic photo shoot.  Hopefully she will FINALLY put some pics up on Chictopia.com!  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

9 things to say:

Sabrina said...

love it all!!! I am with you, I wish I was born alitle earlier so I could actually be a teen in the 80's instead of a child.

I love the whole outfit and seriously want to raid your mom's closets.

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

This dress is absolutely wonderful! And I LOVEEE your new layout! Perfect for you!

The October Issue said...

Love the boots!
check out my blog
theoctoberissue.blogspot.com

alya said...

Great new layout here...and I adore this entire outfit! The inspiration is awesome - who DOESN'T love The Breakfast Club?! - and the boots are the best part. Go Mom! Very well done.

Ms. Falcon said...

girl, you look stunning in this dress! like the boots, too...

xoxo

www.wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

reckless daughter said...

I'm right there with you! Proud to be born in the 80s. :)

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, mte about judd nelson, omg yum. :D

Candycane said...

I love all 80's things too :D

Great dress

CC xXx

Candycane said...

Oh and Judd Nelson - yes please ;P

xXx

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Kaleigh. I'm 23 years old, living in my small hometown in West Michigan. I'm newly married to the coolest kid in the world. I wanna hit him in the head with a frying pan most of the time, but it's with love that I say that. I love fashion and food. Is that weird? O well. :)