Long time, no blog...

Well hello there.

It's been entirely too long, I know.  I don't know what my deal has been.  I've been in an incredible slump all around.  I'm not going to get into all the "oh poor me's" here, because that's not what I created this for.  But I'm starting to feel like my old self again, even took a photo or two, so I thought it was finally time to get back into the blogging swing of things.  

I'm always super self conscious during the summer.  I'm not the skinny lady in the tiny bikini anymore, so I get all blah during the summer, when really I should be rejoicing that the skies are blue and bright and there is no snow on the ground!  I have decided to stop complaining about my weight and actually do something about it.  I've never been much of a work out person, but I know it needs to happen or it's only going to get worse.  I've been trying to research some different diets, but since I've never tried any before so I'm kind of unsure what to go with.   Suggestions would be awesomely helpful.  
So, in light of my new found attempt at confidence, I donned a playful fun summer outfit this past Saturday for an evening out with the hub.  We visited the local food fair, "Taste of Muskegon."  A bunch of local and a few chain restaurants prepare sample plates of some of their top dishes.  Everything is between $1-5.  The food was amazing.  I wanted to try absolutely everything, but I refrained.  Even so, what I did taste, was awesome.
(Dress - Kohls / Leggins - Target / Shoes - Vanity / Belt - Urban Outfitters)

As I said above, I decided on a summery fun outfit.  I got this dress two years ago, and I think it's shrunk since then. ;-)  So I decided that some sheer leggings would be a good way to make sure I stayed covered at all times.  Plus, black leggings are super slimming, which is always a plus.  AND they helped to hide my hideously white lower half.  I look really lopsided in the summer because my upper body tan's nicely, but the lower part simply does not tan anymore.  I don't understand why, but that's how it is. haha.  The shoes I'm wearing are a pair of my favorites.  I love the wedges because they are so cute, plus they give that extra stability for those of us that are a little more top heavy.


So hopefully this is not the last of my summer efforts.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this fashion slump of mine is truly over.  I really enjoy blogging and would definately like to throw myself back into it.  I'm also currently putting a jewelry collection together that may end up on Etsy.com.  I'm decided on the second part, but rest assured I'm still creating unique pieces of jewelry and will try to have some new pictures up later this week.  I hope things are well with all of you!!

4 things to say:

Candycane said...

Good to see you back!

I dont know why I dont tan on my lower half anymore either - so bizarre! Im resorting to faking it ;P

Sal xXx

Sabrina said...

Missed you! Glad you are back. I understand "fashion slumps" I go through them every once in awhile. But girl you look amazing in your summer look.

Jen said...

glad you are back! i love to read your blog! <3

alya said...

I was wondering just yesterday where you'd gone off to and if you'd ever be back. Glad to see you posting again!

I really love the halter neckline of the dress; very sexy without being overt.

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Kaleigh. I'm 23 years old, living in my small hometown in West Michigan. I'm newly married to the coolest kid in the world. I wanna hit him in the head with a frying pan most of the time, but it's with love that I say that. I love fashion and food. Is that weird? O well. :)