What a Great Weekend!

I had a really great weekend!  Friday I was invited by my good friend Tieka of Selective Potential to the Kendall College of Art and Design's "Bodies of Art" Fashion show in Grand Rapids.  It was lots of fun w/ lots of cute girlies.  The show wasn't exactly what I was hoping for, but there were a few good pieces that really impressed me.  I totally forgot that I had brought my camera with me so I didn't take any photos. :(  But you can just take my word for it.  After the show, a few of us decided that since we were already out we would grab a drink at The Bob.  We had so much fun munching down good food, sipping on super girly drinks and listening to some awesome jam/jazz music.  It was so nice to have a girls night out on the town.  There was lots of talk of having it happen again soon, so hopefully there is some follow through!

I wore this outfit to the show.  It probably more summer than spring, but I didn't care.  My mom actually got me this dress for x-mas and I was a bit on the fence about it at first.  But once I put it on, I love it.  It's fitted but not so fitted that I felt uncomfortable showing off my curves.  And I absolutely LOVE the shade of blue.  It's so vibrant and just screams sunny days and lovely weather.  I'm positive you'll see it again in many of my spring/summer photos!  I will be posting more photo's c/o Andrea of Blonde Bedhead .  She took some awesome outfit shots at this little park across the street from the BrassWorks building, where the show was held.  I'll add those tomorrow, but for now here are my attempts prior to heading out of the house.  

(Dress - Jones of New York / Cardi - Unknown / Belt - BDG @ Urban Outfitters / Shoes - Payless / Headband - Target / Necklace - Forever 21)
I am also in love with these shoes!  I found them at Payless in North Carolina last year and just loved them.  That was way before my purple obsession emerged so I kind of surprised myself by buying them.  But I'm super glad now that I did!


Saturday was a lazy day.  Jake and I layed around, bitched about work and watched movies.  I ran a few errands and ended up picked up The Twilight Saga: New Moon for cheap at Meijers. :)  I know they are cheesy and the books are nothing to shake a stick at, but I just love them.  I of course put it in immediately after getting home and forced Jake to watch it w/ me, including all the special bonus features.  He was super excited. Or not really at all.  Either way, I enjoyed it.

Today we had a triple date with some a couple of his good guy friends.  It was super nice to be handing out with other people in "long term" relationships.  I love all my single friends, but hanging out is a completely different atmosphere when you're a couple with other couples.  We went out to eat at my FAV. restaurant, BD's Mongolian BBQ.  Best. Stir-Fry. Ever.  If you have one near you, you should most definatly check it out like ASAP.  I figured since it was a really laid back place I would dress down from my normal out and about outfits.  Both of the tops are pieces that I received from a girlfriend who recently cleaned out her closet.  One woman's "Goodwill" pile is another ones treasure chest!  I love this shirt on me a lot.  Usually horizontal stripes are not a good choice for women who are more voluptuous, but for some reason every time I looked at myself in the mirror today, I felt like it was actually slimming!  And these jeans are just super comfortable.  They are more wide leg than what I usually wear but they fit so well in the waist and butt that I just can't give them up.  
  (Blazer - Charlotte Russe / Knit Top - Unknow / Jeans - DECREE / Shoes - Payless / Necklace & Headband - Target)

I also found the double headband I'm wear above at Target.  It's got cushioned, bendable ends so that they don't bother your head & ears.  I was super pumped!  I love headbands, but they bother my head so bad I always never wear them.  I bought like 5 of them!

I hope everyone had as awesome of a weekend as I did!




 

4 things to say:

Sabrina said...

I love BD's!!!!! We have them here in IL and me and the hubby go all the time.

I too went out a bought New Moon yesterday. Haven't watched it yet, because I have to catch the hubby in the right mood to watch it. He doesn't get the movies or books and says he is still tramatized from the first movie. I can't get enough of them, I am obsessed.

I love the dress, the way it flatters your curves it amazing.

Jen said...

you're so adorable! i think that dress is really flattering on you. can't wait to see you next week when i'm in michigan! love!

alya said...

I absolutely adore that blue dress - the print, the fit, how you styled it. Beautiful.

Kelly said...

Those purple shoes are hot - so great with the blue, too!

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Kaleigh. I'm 23 years old, living in my small hometown in West Michigan. I'm newly married to the coolest kid in the world. I wanna hit him in the head with a frying pan most of the time, but it's with love that I say that. I love fashion and food. Is that weird? O well. :)