Top 10's.

I'm going to start doing a "Top10" list each week.  Maybe this will help keep me on track! :)  But also because I realize that while I do love fashion, there are a lot of other things I'm pretty obsessed with too.  For this week, it is somewhat fashion related.  You can have a slammin' outfit with the best accessories and shoes that Carrie Bradshaw would kill for but if your hair looks like sad and your make up doesn't match, it can kill the whole thing.  So for the first "Top 10" list, I'm going to discuss my top beauty products.  These are the things that I couldn't live with out in terms of hair, face and body.

In no particular order...


#1.

I've only recently discovered L'Oreal Bare Naturale Mineral Makeup, but now that I have, I couldn't live without it.  It has the very best coverage of any make up I have ever tried.  My face tends to have really uneven skin tone, so I need something that covers and blends at the same time.  This stuff is the tops!





#2.

Bed Head has all my favorite hair products, but this is by far the best.  Headbanger is a spray on wax that helps boost volume and keep style in place at the same time.  Obviously I'm a big fan of products that multi-task. :)  I used to use this stuff in high school, back when I had mega short pixie hair and like it to stick out all over the place.  But I've fallen in love with it again.  It helps give my hair that piecey, "bed head" look.  And I have thing, flat hair, so this really helps give it just enough oomph to give it a more styled look.  LOVE IT.


#3.

Biore Steam Activated Cleanser is great!  It also is something that helps me multi task.  Because of the steam activated beads, I use it in the shower.  Plus it has a cooling sensation and sort of menthol smell so it really wakes you up on those early AM days.  It's helped keep my skin really clear and also helps to prevent blemishes before they start!  (I so sound like a spokes person here... haha)




#4.

This is Booth's Apricot Oil Firming Body Lotion.  It's wonderful.  My skin has pretty much no elasticity.  I've played soccer most of my life, so my thigh muscles grew like wild fire when I hit my teens and sadly cause stretch marks.  As I've gotten older, it's only gotten worse.  I used to be super embarrassed by them, which is a big reason I never used to wear shorts.  But since I've found this stuff, it really has helped firm up my skin and now only the deep marks are even really visable.  It's given me a huge confidence boost.  Not too mention it smells great and leaves my skin silky smooth. :)


#5
 

 
 
 
I love Dove.  I've used Dove deodorants for years.  It's the only stuff that really lasts all day.  It leaves my under arms super smooth and silky too.  I used to use the regular old scent, but I found this at the store a few months ago and I love it!  The smell is so fresh and clean.




#6

 
 
Garnier Fructis Shine Spray.  This stuff is great for so many reasons.  It leaves your hair shinny and it smells great.  I use it when I flat iron my hair because on top of the lustrous shine, it also helps keep my hair straight. My hair is flat and thin, but it's getting more and more wavy as the years go on.  This stuff helps to keep it straight w/out leaving my hair feeling or looking greasy.



#7


Mary Kay Eye Primer.  I seriously will not leave the house with out this stuff.  I have a low brow bone, so most of my lids disappear when my eyes are open.  Because of this, I used to have the hardest time keeping my eye shadow and eye liner in place.  Just a little dot of this stuff all over my lid and brow bone and my eye makeup doesn't move (until I fall asleep with it on of course.)  It really is amazing and so worth it.  If any of you have this problem, I highly recommend giving this stuff a try.  I have quite a few other girlfriends who use it and swear by it as well.


#8.


Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara.  I have super light and thin eye lashes and this stuff really helps plump them up and make them stand out like they are supposed to.  I've heard others say that it doesn't last, but I've never had an issue with that.  I put this stuff on at 7am and touch it up maybe once before I go out at 7pm and it goes strong all the way past 2am.  I love it.




#9

Renpure Organics I Love My Hair Body and Shine Shampoo (and Conditioner.)  This is another recent find, but I will never go back to any other shampoo or conditioner.  I am kind of a "Go Go Green" freak.  We only use recycled TP, paper towel, garbage bags, etc. at our house.  I only use environmentally safe cleaning products.  For a while I would only use "green" make up, (sadly it doesn't have the coverage my crazy skin needs. :( )  So when I saw this stuff for buy one get one at Rite Aid, I figured, why not.  Now I'm in love with it.soooo very clean and yummy!

#10


 

And of course, no outfit can be complete with out the perfect perfume.  Bath and Body Works Twilight Woods Perfume is my absolute favorite.  This stuff is always in my purse no matter where I go or what I'm doing.  I am a smoker, and with this stuff on, you wouldn't even know it.  I won't lie, I picked it up because it had Twilight in the name. haha  But I'm so glad that I did, because I've never found anything that I love as much as this.




I'm sure I could probably go on forever and drop names like Prestige Eye Shadows, or Covergirl Shimmer Lip Gloss, but these are the "Top 10" I really can't live without these days.  I would love to hear what your top 10's are too for beauty products.  What's in your bathroom that you just can not live without??

1 things to say:

alya said...

I'm a poor example of a female, I'd afraid. I don't wear make-up other than to cover up my under eye circles(whatever is on sale when I run out of whatever I bought before) and mascara(Maybelline Great Lash, very original of me!). And my hair care is pathetic. I don't even buy shampoo and conditioner separate. I will say I haven't used a different face wash than the Neutrogena Grapefruit Scrub...that's about the only thing I actually won't let fall by the way side.

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Kaleigh. I'm 23 years old, living in my small hometown in West Michigan. I'm newly married to the coolest kid in the world. I wanna hit him in the head with a frying pan most of the time, but it's with love that I say that. I love fashion and food. Is that weird? O well. :)